CONTACT US

Let us help
you dream
bigger

Whether you already have a deep understanding of sensors for machine perception, or you simply want to get your systems running, we are here to provide the hardware, software, and support to help you build something incredible.

Everything we make is powered by our coherent imaging chips packaged in field deployable edge sensors. Whether it's a development kit or a final product, it's always power-in, data-out. No extra tubes, cables, or hoses needed.

Schedule a Demo

Discover a new
class of LIDAR

Our LiDAR operates at 1550 nm, deep in the infrared spectrum, with on-chip beam steering, enabling machine perception in ways that you have not seen before.

Direct point-by-point velocity measurement has huge implications for machine perception, but is only one of the benefits of our unique technology.

  • One Sensor, Many Applications

    Our software definable coherent imaging sensors can change their specs to meet an incredible range of applications, all under real-time application control. Extend range performance, increase angular resolution, or increase range precision to below 1 mm.

  • High Precision, Always

    Our sensors are immune to background lighting or reflective targets, and provide the same high range or velocity measurement precision on dark targets next to retro-reflectors, in perfect darkness or when the sun is in the field-of-view.

  • Ultra-Compact Form Factor

    Our ultra-compact size makes our tech applicable to almost every application. How can we make such sophisticated sensors so small? We are the only team that can fit thousands of electro-optic components onto a single chip.

Ubiquitous Active Sensing for Machine Perception

Our mission is to create LiDAR sensors for all applications. Here are a few of the specific problems our unique approach is solving now.

Automotive Safety

With on-chip beam steering and industry-leading optical component integration, our sensors provide long range automotive performance at automotive friendly cost, without any “blooming” or interference that plague competing products.

Smart Infrastructure

Our sensors are as well-suited to low-duty-cycle metrology for IOT applications as they are to continuous operation, allowing for reliable, accurate, and persistent measurement of bridges, power lines, and industrial facilities.

Mobility

Whether its tracking people or vehicles from a network of fixed sensors, or providing seamless mobility for an autonomous device, we leverage our instant range and velocity data to deliver better real-time scene analysis in real-world settings.

Voyant SAFE

Our solid state safety scanner

SAFE is a solid state SIL2 / PLd certified safety scanner in an ultra-compact form factor. SAFE is designed as a drop-in replacement for legacy safety scanners in mobile robotics, industrial automation, and factory safety applications.

Its solid state design lets SAFE withstand impact, shock, and vibration like no other solution. Built with Voyant’s unique FMCW Photonic Integrated Circuits, SAFE is immune to artifacts or errors from ambient light or reflective targets in the field of view.

Key Specifications:

  • 275° Field of View
  • 6 m Protective Field Range
  • 60 ms Response Time
  • 0.14° Angular Resolution
  • 40 m/s Maximum Detectable Velocity
  • Up to 1 kHz frame rate*
  • > 1,000 programmable safe/warning zones
  • Reconfigurable scan pattern for faster reaction time
  • Provides high precision ego velocity estimation
* Higher frame rates require reduced field of view. 20 FPS for full field of view. Request Data Sheet

Voyant Guide

Superior LiDAR performance for ADAS applications.

Combining our Gen 3 LiDAR chips with efficient optical amplifiers, Guide meets stringent high speed ADAS detection scenarios in an automotive-friendly SWAP-C.

Guide uses Voyant’s single axis beam steering LiDAR-on-a-chip with a high density optical antenna configuration designed to meet specific and demanding automotive scene analysis requirements.

Key Specifications:

  • 480 m range performance on bright targets*
  • 160 m range performance on dark targets**
  • 1 cm range precision^
  • 0.6 cm/sec velocity precision^
  • Up to 60° Horizontal Field of View
  • Up to 20° Vertical Field of View
  • 0.045° vertical resolution^^
  • Up to 2.86 Million samples per second
  • No precision degradation or blooming from reflective objects, other sensors, or sunlight (110 Klux)
* 90% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm ** 10% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm ^ At 50 m for 10% Lambertian target. See Guide Data Sheet for complete values list for all operating ranges ^^ Best value. See Guide Data Sheet for software definable options and foveated scan description Request Data Sheet

Voyant Blue

A self-contained, completely embedded coherent imaging LiDAR sensor.

Blue uses Voyant's single-axis on-chip beam steering LiDAR-on-a-chip, coupled with a low speed moving mirror for the wider axis. A multi-channel transmit/receive optical subsystem is all on-chip, making Blue the most sensitive, compact LiDAR system available.

A wide variety of operating modes let you customize field of view, sample rate, detection range, spatial resolution, precision, and more. Blue can meet the needs of almost any application that requires range and velocity imaging.

Key Specifications:

  • 195 m range performance*
  • 80 m range performance on dark targets**
  • 128 vertical lines of resolution
  • 1.3 cm dark target range precision
  • 2.8 cm/sec dark target velocity precision
  • Up to 90° Horizontal Field of View
  • Up to 30° Vertical Field of View
  • Up to 440,000 samples per second
  • No precision degradation or blooming from reflective objects, other sensors, or sunlight (110 Klux)
* 90% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm ** 10% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm Request Data Sheet

Voyant Blue Development Kit

Coherent imaging LiDAR, available now.

The Blue Development Kit gives you early access to our LiDAR-on-a-chip solutions to create and test applications now. Our development kit uses the same on-chip architecture, optics, and system design as the Blue product, in a larger package.

Like the Blue product, the Blue Development Kit is a power-in, point-cloud-out system, and uses our single-axis on-chip beam steering LiDAR-on-a-chip. Also like the Blue product, the development kit has a wide variety of operating modes that let you customize field of view, sample rate, detection range, spatial resolution, precision, and more, to find the right tradeoffs to optimize your machine perception application.

Key Specifications:

  • 115+ m range performance*
  • 50+ m range performance on very dark calibrated targets**
  • Up to 32 vertical lines of resolution
  • As low as 6 mm range precision
  • As low as 5 mm/sec velocity precision
  • Up to 90° Horizontal Field of View
  • Up to 30° Vertical Field of View
  • Up to 244,000 samples per second
  • No precision degradation or blooming from reflective objects, other sensors, or sunlight (110 Klux)
* 80% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm ** 6% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm Schedule a Demo

Voyant Forest

Coherent LiDAR Imaging in an ultra-compact, solid state device

The Forest LiDAR chip uses a two dimensional array of surface emitters to achieve a solid state, medium range 4D LiDAR with superior range and velocity precision.

Forest has no moving parts at all: no moving mirrors, no MEMS, no voice coils.

A photonic array of surface emitting optical antenna, a fixed discrete lens, and electronics comprise a complete power-in, point-cloud-out coherent imaging system ideal for mobile robotics and other applications where size and robustness are important.

Key Specifications:

  • 75 m range performance on bright targets*
  • 25 m range performance on dark targets**
  • 0.3 cm range precision
  • 0.7 cm/sec velocity precision
  • 60° by 90° Field of View
  • As low as 0.23° angular resolution^
  • Up to 819,200 samples per second
  • Complete system in a 3 x 4 x 4 cm device
  • No precision degradation or blooming from reflective objects, other sensors, or sunlight (110 Klux)
* 90% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm ** 10% Lambertian target, 80% probability of detection at 1x10-3 probability of false alarm ^ See Forest Data Sheet for complete description of angular resolution Request Data Sheet

Incredible Performance From Simple Design

Request Data Sheet

Machine perception is within reach

Our APIs get you the most from our sensors without getting stuck in the photonic weeds. Leave the details of LiDAR to us, so you can focus on your application.

CONTACT US

Visit us at the Automate Conference May 6-9th in Chicago, Booth 5042, to learn about our new solid state safety scanner

X